It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2006, 09:01 PM   #1
(male)

IgyDigitaL HB User
6 days on Medrol (steroid from ENT), and now super scared...

I was given Medrol, a pack that contains 6 days worth of doses, starting with 6 pills on the first day. Didn't notice any problems at first, but I am prone to hairloss, and 3 weeks later, boom..my hair starts to fall off, and I get acne. THen I check online, and I see people suffering from severe side effects of prolonged use. I only used it for six days, but now I am scared that I could have serious problems in the future because of this. Oh, and I got sick as Heck 1 week after use, and my sex drive is off the roof. I dont care too much of the minor side effects, but this long term stuff is scaring me. I hope that 6 days of use wasn't long enough for me to develop cancer from this crap...woah..

Old 06-22-2006, 01:55 AM   #2
(male)

IgyDigitaL HB User
Re: 6 days on Medrol (steroid from ENT), and now super scared...

just typing again to see if I get another response

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2006, 06:42 AM   #3
(male)

IgyDigitaL HB User
Re: 6 days on Medrol (steroid from ENT), and now super scared...

thanks alot for the info. To better inform you of the situation, I had taking anabolic steroids (recreatinal ) and stopped a few years back taking anything related to testosterone due to hair loss. I'm not going bald, but when I started shedding due to testosterone, I decided not to do that again. Ever since then, the shedding has stopped or ruduced to a minimal amount. So a month after medrol, I see shedding like a dog again. I'm not too worried about that, for I am familiar with this and I know its reversable, meaning once it's out of my body, eventually, i'll stop shedding. But the mood swings are there and the sex drive is off the roof. I hope I don't crash too bad, but i'm happy to hear that 6 days on it won'g give me cancer... lol. Because I took that steriod without thinking twice, anything to avoid the surgery. Oh , and my last resort, Clindomycen, an intiobiotic, the first pill i took, I got an allergic reaction so bad, my throat swelled up and couldn't breath. Kinda like my other allergic reactions to certain raw fruits and vegetables. But I have never had an allergic reaction to steroids, exept girls and muscle growth..lol..thanks for input

Closed Thread