It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 08:07 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Green discharge from ear

I assume green discharge from the ears is not normal, at least not for me because I have never seen green before. Could this be from swimmer's ear? For the past week or so, the inside of my right ear has been extremely itchy and I've been scratching the inside of it with things I probably shouldn't be sticking in my ears (keys, pen caps, scissor blade, etc.) Now it feels slightly sore to touch the outer cartilage on my ear, as well as pulling down on my ear lobe, which is normal after I've scratched it silly. My hearing isn't impaired and my ear is not bleeding.

I couldn't go to a doctor about this, even if I wanted to, for at least another five weeks (I go home for break in five weeks). Until then, is there any way I can relieve this besides to refrain from scratching? Any kind of cream or fluid I can put in my ear to make the discharge go back to normal?

Old 08-07-2006, 09:31 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Midget HB User
Re: Green discharge from ear

The green discharge is most likely pus, which is indictative of an infection. It would help if you could get to a doctor, even if it was just an urgent care clinic. I can not think of anything that will help you besides anti-biotics. The drainage from your ear could mean your ear drum has ruptured, depending on the symptoms you experienced before the discharge.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread