It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2006, 09:29 PM   #1

Kristin777 HB User
Exclamation Concha Bullosa surgery--PLEASE HELP

I had surgery on my severely deviated septum , my inferior turbinates reduced via coblation, and a bad concha bullosa reduced as well.
I know what all the side effects of the septum and turbinates are, but I've been getting pretty severe headaches right between my eyes and am wondering if it has anything to do with the concha bullosa.

If anyone can answer this question, plus give me a list of side-effects and healing issues with the concha bullosa, I would be most appreciative, because there isn't much information on the internet.

Last edited by Kristin777; 08-06-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2006, 05:34 PM   #2

Kristin777 HB User
Re: Concha Bullosa surgery--PLEASE HELP

Anyone?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2006, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

Mar1 HB User

How long ago did you have all of this done? I had just about the same thing as you, septoplasty, ethmoidectomy, turbinectomy and the concha bullosa fixed. It's pretty common to have a bit of a headache after this kind of surgery, you just had a bunch of scalpels and who knows what else up your nose. I was able to clear mine up with Nasonex and AllegraD, it was just a bunch of gunk getting caught up in my nose after the surgery, but now it's perfect. I would either call your ENT or your regular Dr about this though, since any sort of sudden headache can be a sign of problems.

Old 08-09-2006, 12:39 PM   #4

Kristin777 HB User

I had it done the 26th, I did call my ENT and he told me to use Afrin for 3 days, and if it isn't better to schedule an appt for tomorrow (thursday)
My headache's are still here, just not as severe.

Old 08-09-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Kristen777,
Do not under estimate the power of saline solutions. My husband and sister-in-law had deviated septums corrected as well as turbonids reduced and pollumps/cysts removed. They got the best relief by using regular sinus irrigation with saline. This helped clear out clotted blood and thin out increased phlem due to membrane irritation by increased air flow.
Hope you head ache goes away soon... living with chronic ones myself, I know how difficult it can be to be a nice person when unknown things are pushing on your head from the inside out. Makes me want to take a drill to my own head at times, luckily my ENT will soon enough.
Best wishes.
MG

Closed Thread