It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
(male)

doglover HB User
Pain In Ear And When I Bite Down On Left Side

I started using Q-tips to dry the water from my ears after I shower. One day I noticed that there was a bunch of wax on the Q-tip from my left ear (and none in my right).

Now I am sore on my left side in my ear. It hurts when I try to bite my teeth together on my left side. If I press on my ear to make it close, it hurts as well.

I am guessing that I have the wax blocked up in my ear. So I went to the store and bought some Murine stuff that will drain the wax from my ear. It says to use it for up to 4 days and rinse the ear out if necessary.

Is there anything else I can do?

I am not positive that the problem is a back-up of wax, but it is all I can think of for now.

Old 09-05-2006, 06:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Pain In Ear And When I Bite Down On Left Side

If you have water trapped in your outer ear canal it could have become infected and given you a case of swimmers ear (an outer ear infection). A doctor can look in it and determine if you have swimmers ear and then prescribe the antibiotic ear drop regime necessary to cure it.
In the future the best way to clear the water out of your ears, be it bath or pool water, is to mix up and administer a few drops of 50:50 isopropanal:vinager to each ear. This will fizz and get warm, after which you tilt your head to the side ad watch as the water drains right out and the 50:50 mix dries and sterilizes the outer ear.
Respectfully yours,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread