It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2006, 10:44 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

5star HB User
throat has white patches on it and yellow toung

A week ago (sat night )my thorat felt funny kind of like a pop rock was in it fizzing. I look in merror and i see 2 dots on the back of my throat and 2 white patches on the roof of my mouth. It didn't worry me that much. Then on tuesday i looked in my mouth and my throat and roof of my mouth have white patches all over and the top of my toung was coverd in yellow stuff.

I went to the doc on wed and he did a strep throat test and it came back nigative. He said something about it being a vires and a bacteria that settled in my throat and if if not takin care of it can turn into strep cause its usually a 50/50 chance of turning into strep and im now taking 4 teaspoons of penicillin in the morning and at night.

I only took 2 doses of the medicen so far cause i just got the prescription yesterday.

I have no pain in my throat but a couple times i woke up and my throat was sore but it went away with in like a half hour. My throat feels like somthing is on my hangy ball or poking my attoms apple and i have to keep drinking watter cause of the anoying feeling.

so am i screwd or is it all going to get better?

Old 09-16-2006, 04:09 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

5star HB User
Re: throat has white patches on it and yellow toung

Well i think i know what it is now. "Oral thrush "

Look it up and see a pic. Not to pritty.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2006, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

5star,

If it is thrush as you believe, then you will most likely need an anti-fungal medication. For thrush typically is a fungal infection identifier. In any case if you have not seen a dramatic improvement after 48 hours of anti-biotics, you should return to your doctor.

MG

Old 09-17-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

5star HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook
5star,

If it is thrush as you believe, then you will most likely need an anti-fungal medication. For thrush typically is a fungal infection identifier. In any case if you have not seen a dramatic improvement after 48 hours of anti-biotics, you should return to your doctor.

MG
I started pinnicilin but pinicelin is for bacteria. I dont know if pinnicelin would help. I checked to day and the white spots look like it may have lost some white but not sure.
I checked my toung and before teh whole top of teh toung was coverd in yellow except about 1 inch in front. Well i look today and it looks like its spreading cause i got a couple light spots on that 1 inch that had none before. What meds should i be using and how am i dignost?

What else could it be?

Old 09-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

5star,

As I said before, go back to your doctor. As for a diagnosis get the doctor to do a culture. A culture is the only way to determine a fungal infection. The doctor would have to prescribe you the correct medicine.

MG

Closed Thread