It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2006, 06:35 AM   #1
(male)

baldy_1812 HB User
Nose feels blocked all the time please advise!!

My nose for the last few months constantly feels blocked, and when i blow it nothing comes out. Ive been doing the sinus rinse with salt water etc but it doesnt seem to be improving things. Does anyone have any ideas?? I also have this coating at the back of my tongue, yellowish colour.

Old 10-18-2006, 10:34 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Nose feels blocked all the time please advise!!

Go to your GP or an ENT. You may have a sinus/tonsil infection. If you are not running fevers then it may be allergy related.

Have you tried a decongestants (psuedophed(decon)/guanafex(expectorant)) or anti-histamines (Claritin/Zrytec/Allegra) over a period of time? Steriodal nasal spray like Nasonex or Flonase?

The only true things that gave me temporary results before my surgery were the saline rinses and routine decongestants, anti-histamines, and nasonex. My recent surgery has taken care of my sinus headaches... I will see if it takes care of the rest of my chronic issues.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-19-2006, 06:24 AM   #3
(male)

hp8 HB User

While it has probably been talked to death here, likewise the decongestants and nasal steroid sprays give me some temporary relief. Actually I can tolerate the congestion pretty well during the day. Its always very early morning or late night when more congestion sets in I think due to rolling over from side to side sleeping. I heard somewhere on here due to your nasal cycle. Cause if I can manage to lie still in one side all night, ny nose can stay reasonably clear (but I can't LOL).

baldy: what you should stay away from are the otc nasal sprays like otrivin or dristan, etc. After more than a few days use, it may cause rebound effect and make your congestion worst. I used otrivin for 4 days straight to try to unblock my ears and threw the bottle away. The rebound was awful.
Oh yes, if anyone else can confirm it, don't do nasal rinses if your ears get blocked up due to sinus issues. It might make matters worst.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
(male)

baldy_1812 HB User

Thing is i can breathe fine through my nose, yet it feels blocked!! what is going on!! Drs 2moro.

Closed Thread