It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-28-2006, 08:31 AM   #1
(female)

Kat629 HB User
Ear pain or tooth/jaw problem?

Hello,

I am 23 years old and usually very healthy. This past week I have been in a lot of pain, mainly in the area of my ear/jaw. I thought at first it was my wisdom tooth on the upper right but it didn't make sense to me as it's been fully in for 2 years now and has nothing wrong with it (it still may be, I don't know) I haven't been feeling well at all - low grade fever, no appetite, fatigue. Today I went to the doctor as I thought maybe it could be a sinus infection (I get them a lot) causing the pain in my mouth. The pain is right behind my wisdom tooth. Now, I can chew fine and when I press on the tooth it does not hurt. The doctor said I have fluid in my right ear. Put me on antibidoicts for the pain. Could the fluid problem be causing my mouth pain? It's like a nagging feeling, not like any toothache I've had. I'm just wondering what is wrong with me as it's hard to pinpoint exactly where the pain is.

Sorry if that sounded horribly confusing. I am just wondering if anyone has had jaw/mouth pain before from an ear problem.

Thanks

Last edited by Kat629; 10-28-2006 at 12:04 PM.

Old 10-28-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
(female)

darine HB User
Smile Re: Ear pain or tooth/jaw problem?

HI,
it's so weird, because I am a 23 year old female also, and I have been having the same pain at the right ear for a few weeks and I didnt know where it came from lolll
It's been very hard at first to chew things, because it would hurt whenever i would open widely my mouth. The pain is really in the back of my jaw near the right ear area. So you think its fluid in the ear huh? =/
I don't know, I wanted to go see the doctor too, because it's the second time it does that to me, but I'm thinking that it's gonna go away on it's own and that it's nothing serious.
n e how, write back to tell me how you're doing and if the pain is better.

thx..because it helped me to see that someone else is having the same problem, and i wrote back to let u know that I have the same pain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2006, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

Kat629 HB User
Re: Ear pain or tooth/jaw problem?

Wow that is weird! Today I am still in pain and my other ear is starting to hurt so I am leaning more toward ears now than teeth. I think the pressure from the fluid may be pressing on my nerve causing my jaw to ache. I can eat fine, chew everything.

I am getting relief from the advil cold and siuns my Dr. suggested for the fluid. Mayeb you should try that!

I am just hoping all the pain goes away soon.

Old 10-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #4
(female)

Kat629 HB User

Still feeling very sick Was hoping the antibiodics would kick in by now.

Old 10-31-2006, 05:32 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

If the anti-biotics are not giving you aubatantial relief after 48 hours... then you may have an anti-biotic resistant infection and need a different type of anti-biotics. The other factor is it may be a rarer, fungal infection. However... most anti-biotics should result in improvement with in 48 to 72 hours.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread