It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 06:55 PM   #1
(male)

2x4 HB User
cannot get rid of white patch on the uvula

hi,
there is something that's been bothering me for 3 weeks. it started when i got antibiotic treatment for my bronchitis (i took it 3 weeks ago for a week, one week off and again another week). i guess it was the side effect of it that made my tongue white. it is all almost gone, the cough is gone but the very far back of my tongue is still a little white and there is a small white patch on the side of my uvula and another tiny spot that is on and off almost in the same place in the back of my throat. i still have this weird feeling of having something stuck in the throat or as if uvula was stuck to the tonge that makes it uncomfortable to swallow.

and in the middle of it i was diagnosed with light asthma and started taking some inhalations (advair 100/50) and from what i know this may cause tongue thrush and stuff like that.

what could that be??? i had a sore (red throat) for two days but it's gone. i wash my mouth with listerine/water with salt everyday but this stupid thing doesnt wanna come off.
please can anybody suggest anything?? i was trying post in so many different section of this forum but with no response. thanks

Old 11-02-2006, 12:09 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: cannot get rid of white patch on the uvula

If it is thrush or fungal related after a session of anti-biotics you can try yogurt, get a prescription for the special swish and swallow oral thrush treatment or take one 150 mg diflucan tablet... by prescription only. In any case if the natural ingradients of the higher bacterial based yogurts does not work. Only a MD can give you the other cures I know off.

Best of luck.
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-02-2006, 03:38 AM   #3
(male)

2x4 HB User
Re: cannot get rid of white patch on the uvula

i tried yogurt that fixed my white tongue in the begnining. i eat a lot of it anyway. well im gonna have to see my doc again.

Closed Thread