It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-02-2006, 03:18 PM   #1
(female)

camille23 HB User
painful nose sores keep coming back!!

hi all- i am about to go insane here- i havent been able to breath for 6 days now out of my nose- these horrible painful scabs in my nose keep building back up after i finally remove them because i cant take it anymore so i keep on messing with them until i get them out- (sorry i know that's gross) then after about a day it comes back, and still painful and totally blocking my nasal passage- i cannot breath- not even nasal spray is working now- what is this????? i have never had these awful scabs in my nose before, ever! and it's really scaring me. not to mention giving me panick attacks because i cannot breath, and awful anxiety headaches from lack of oxygen. its really bad, i cant even carry out my daily routines! somebody please help!!!!!

Old 06-06-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
(female)

smcl345 HB User
Re: painful nose sores keep coming back!!

Camille, I know exactly what you were going through. I hope the scabs have gone away. I have had my entire nose fill then a scab formed to close the entire opening to my nostril. Out of desperation, I pick them then keep my nostril coated with vasoline which does prevent the scabs from forming. These scabs drive me crazy! If you ever find out what causes yours please let me know. I have had them off and on since childhood. smcl345

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

gcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB Usergcsjr HB User
Re: painful nose sores keep coming back!!

camille23 - You mention in your post that "not even nasal spray is working now" - have you been using nasal spray regularly to try to manage the sores? If you have, you need to stop the nasal spray - after a few days it starts having the opposite effect and actually increases the swelling inside your nasal passages.

Sores like the ones you describe are often the result of dry nasal passages - the membranes inside your nose are very thin so when they dry out they crack and bleed very easily. Removing the scabs probably makes the problem worse because it keeps those spots from healing.

The best approach would be to aggressively keep your nasal passages moist using petroleum jelly (rub it around inside your nostrils using a Q-tip) - you might even try an antibiotic ointment for a while in case you've got some areas that are infected. You'll probably need to do this 3-4 times a day for a couple of weeks to get those areas healed up.

Nasal irrigation using a neti pot or SinusRinse bottle might also help moisturize your nasal passages.

Closed Thread