It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #1
(male)

bweb HB User
Pressure at bridge of nose, above eye

Hope someone out there can help. Have had pressure over the left eye and at the bridge of the nose for about 6 months. It is very annoying, and at times, consuming. It is accompanied by a decrease in energy.

I had sinus surgery, thinking it was the problem, but it was not. Also head an MRI of the head. It was ok.

I know I have a bit of Eustachian tube problem. The pressure feels like someone is putting their thumb on the inside of the eye socket and pushing upward towards the bridge of the nose.

I am thinking now that it maybe could be a result of clenching muscles tightly in the jaw. Appreciate anyone's thoughts, and want to know if anyone else has similar problems.

Old 12-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Pressure at bridge of nose, above eye

Since I had my recent sinus surgery.. I have learned that if I let my sinuses dry out I get pain, quick onset in localized areas that make me feel as if I have had a sudden onset sinus infection. My ENT warned me of these side effects due to the temperatures and humidity of the season. Cure? Well I carry SImply Saline Nasal spray.. non decongestant formula everywhere as well as Ayr Saline Gel. In addition there is a prescription oil solution that can be used to help.. I know not the exact formula becasue I forgot it at home, but it helped with my CPAP usage greatly.

Best of luck to you and keep your sinuses moist.. it might help alleviate that pain.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2006, 10:16 AM   #3
(male)

bweb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkgbrook
Since I had my recent sinus surgery.. I have learned that if I let my sinuses dry out I get pain, quick onset in localized areas that make me feel as if I have had a sudden onset sinus infection. My ENT warned me of these side effects due to the temperatures and humidity of the season. Cure? Well I carry SImply Saline Nasal spray.. non decongestant formula everywhere as well as Ayr Saline Gel. In addition there is a prescription oil solution that can be used to help.. I know not the exact formula becasue I forgot it at home, but it helped with my CPAP usage greatly.

Best of luck to you and keep your sinuses moist.. it might help alleviate that pain.

Sincerely,
MG

Old 12-29-2006, 10:17 AM   #4
(male)

bweb HB User

Thanks so much for responding. I have those saline solutions,too. But it does not seem to help...my pressure seems to either be too deep for them to reach, or is caused by another problem.

Old 12-29-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
(female)

SaabGirl HB User

Unfortunately, I cannot post any advice for this problem, because I am having it myself. For around a year now, I have been getting really intense headaches localized around my eyes and nose. I tend to get these headaches just before I get the symptoms of a sinus infection. I've been to the Dr. multiple times, but I just get Allegra and antibiotics for temporary relief. I'm thinking this could be related to some kind of nasal obstruction but I'm not sure.

Old 12-29-2006, 08:10 PM   #6
(male)

bweb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaabGirl
Unfortunately, I cannot post any advice for this problem, because I am having it myself. For around a year now, I have been getting really intense headaches localized around my eyes and nose. I tend to get these headaches just before I get the symptoms of a sinus infection. I've been to the Dr. multiple times, but I just get Allegra and antibiotics for temporary relief. I'm thinking this could be related to some kind of nasal obstruction but I'm not sure.
Hi Saab,

By any chance do those things work? Do you get relief? I find when I climb stairs the pressure feels worse, feels like someone is squeezing between my eyes at the bridge of my nose. Thanks for answering.

Closed Thread