It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
(female)

chevydriver HB User
tonsillitis w/no fever?

I was diagnosed with Tonsillitis about 2 weeks ago (although a culture was not done) and was given a 10-day antibiotic. After 7 days, it was not any better, so I was given azithromycin (generic z-pak). I am finished with that and my tonsils are still just as swollen and have some white blisters on them and there is a red rash all the way up to the roof of my mouth that itches and burns when I eat. I have not had a fever or any other symptoms with this, other than a yeast infection... Can anyone help???

Old 01-02-2007, 04:02 PM   #2
(female)

ralnes18 HB User
Re: tonsillitis w/no fever?

Hey...the end of my year last year was spent with constant tonsillitis. I had it for about three months or so. I would take a round of antibiotics...and when I say antibiotics, I mean STOUT ones. I took two rounds of Augmentin @ 4000mg a day. I would be off my antibiotics for about a week, and my tonsils would be swollen, red, and covered in white spots a week later. I don't know why I couldn't shake the infection...but it wasn't happening. So, Dec. 19th I had my tonsils removed. Doing ok with recovery...hoping it cures all my ailments that deal with my throat! Anyway, when I had the recurring bouts of tonsillitis, I never had fever or any other symptoms. Just a painful red throat...I worked and went to school just as I would when I was not sick... I don't know about the red rash...doesn't sound like anything I experienced, but it's probably just all part of the tonsillitis. If you take more antibiotics...get the doc to give a prescription for diflucan. A real lifesaver for the yeast infections! Believe me!!!

Goodluck...and hope you feel better!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2007, 11:24 AM   #3
(male)

bweb HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevydriver
I was diagnosed with Tonsillitis about 2 weeks ago (although a culture was not done) and was given a 10-day antibiotic. After 7 days, it was not any better, so I was given azithromycin (generic z-pak). I am finished with that and my tonsils are still just as swollen and have some white blisters on them and there is a red rash all the way up to the roof of my mouth that itches and burns when I eat. I have not had a fever or any other symptoms with this, other than a yeast infection... Can anyone help???
Interested to know if you had the rash before you took the antibiotics. If not, there is a chance you are allergic to them.

Hope you are feeling better. bweb

Old 01-10-2007, 01:53 PM   #4
(female)

chevydriver HB User

thanks you guys. you won't believe this, but i was misdiagnosed!!! i actually have allergic rhinitis, which is basically severe allergy problems that is causing my sinuses to drain and make my tonsils swollen. I never had tonsillitis to begin with - hence why the antibiotics were not working. the rash was there, but not itching before the antibiotics. prednisone pretty much killed the itching, and now i have a prescription for astelin. doc says once the sinuses quit draining and clear up my tonsils should go back down... thanks for your replies though!

Closed Thread