It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2007, 09:11 AM   #1
(female)

casper35 HB User
red sore throat for 2 months!

My throat has been red and sore for the past two months. It is also red on my upper mouth. Some of it looks like red lines or maybe broken blood vessels? I have a sore throat every day some days are worse than others. My throat is red every day too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-17-2007, 05:06 PM   #2
(female)

Sportbikechic HB User
Re: red sore throat for 2 months!

Me too I have been tested for strep, which came back negative. They gave me a round of anti-biotics just in case...that didn't help either. I have another appointment this week. HELP!

My throat is red and very sore. It even bleed once, has the red streaks, swollen glands and tonsils. The sides of my mouth are even red. YUK!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-18-2007, 10:08 AM   #3
(female)

casper35 HB User
Re: red sore throat for 2 months!

please keep in touch with me and let me know if you find out what you have. I have another ENT appt in Feb. I went in Nov. when this first started and he put the scope down my throat and said my throat looked swollen but there was no growths or areas of concern. He said it could be reflux and put me on meds for it. I took them for a month and they didn't help. But to be hones other than occasional heartburn I have never had any problems like that.

One thing, he did say I have a deviated septubm and that is why I get the sinus infections and always feel congested. He asked if I breath through my mouth and I know I do at night because I can't breath through my nose. I have read that breathing through your mouth will dry it and your throat out and that can cause an irritated throat. I didn't read anything about it causing a red throat though so it is really a stretch.

As I said I dont' have another appt. with my ENT until Feb. but I think I am going to try and find another ent that can see me sooner. It is very frustrating. I hope you find something out. On the positive though at least it isnt' cancer. I am a 35 year old that just recently quit smoking so that was a very big fear for me. but after he scoped my throat and said def. not cancer it was a big relief for me.

Could still be some kind of reflux though.

Closed Thread