It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 12:15 PM   #1
(female)

meeee1974 HB User
Unhappy nose bridge pain

Hello everyone!

I am at a loss at what this is...

There is pain and pressure at the bridge of my nose directly inbetween my eyes. If I press on it there is more pain. There is also pressure in my eyes. These give me sort of a light-headed feeling. An MRI showed my sinuses were clear. ANY ideas on what it could be? ENT doc didn't seem to think anything of it. He doesn't think it's serious and he had no suggestion on what it is. But it has been bothering me for almost a year now off and on. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

(I am allergic to mold, dust mites, different trees, animals...)

Thank you,
Erica

Old 02-09-2007, 05:22 PM   #2
(male)

bweb HB User
Re: nose bridge pain

Whoa,

Finally someone with the same thing I have been suffering with for about a year.

Yes, I have pressure, feels like someone is almost pinching the nose between the eyes....I have no idea what is up.

I have speculated that it could be from a nerve in the neck...I had an MRI of the head, it was bothering me so. It could be from sitting in front of the computer and stretching the head forward...do you have that type of job, or sit in front of a computer a lot?

Still have no answer, but it is most definitely annoying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 07:23 PM   #3
(female)

meeee1974 HB User

Wow! Someone else... I figured there's gotta be someone who knows what I'm dealing with. You're right it does feel like someone is pinching it. Do you also have the eye pressure as well?

How could a neck nerve be the cause? Is there a nerve that extends from the neck to the nose?? I do sit in front of a computer for half my work day (so about 4 hrs off and on). What's your thought on how this could be the cause? hey I have no ideas except for allergies. Any other thoughts are definitely worth pursuing!!

Thanks for responding!!

Last edited by meeee1974; 02-09-2007 at 07:24 PM.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:59 AM   #4
(male)

bweb HB User

sorry it took me so long to get back. Hope we can solve this!!

Well, right now, as I am typing this message, my head is leaning forward "off the neck axis"...

Here's a little experiment. Try sitting in a chair first just doing nothing, and then compare this to your position at the keyboard...I think it will be different.
I am thinking that this leaning forward position might just be constricting some nerves or blood vessels. I just don't know what we can do about it...maybe there is a neck exercise...Oh by the way, I went to a chiropractor and it did not help, but he was just massaging and adjusting.

I also thought this was a sinus problem, even had surgery in Sept. It did not do a thing for this. Please let me know if you get anywhere!!

Oh, does this affect your mood, to, in some ways?

Closed Thread