It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-14-2007, 07:11 PM   #1
(female)

cambria HB User
Red bumps on back of throat

Does anyone happen to know how long red bumps on the back of a person's throat associated with a cold/sinus infection/sore throat should last? I had a cold starting last week. My sore throat was the worst on Friday and Saturday. Now it's not really sore anymore, but I stll see some red bumps on the back of my throat. I guess I never really paid attention before to how long they last after the actual sore throat goes away.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:01 AM   #2
(male)

pleasehelpsoon HB User
Re: Red bumps on back of throat

This is caused by Post Nasal Drip. I dont know if you know what this is, but its when your "Snot" as my son puts it sometimes has no way to go out the regular way (out your nose), for whatever reason, so blocked up you cant breath out your nose, like when that happens, well the pressure isnt going to burst your sinus', of course not. It runs down the back of your throat, and when this happens for a period of time (can even be as short as half day if heavy enough flow) it causes your throat to become irritated. Most times I go to the doctor they ask me if I have been sick, I always say no, I ask why and they say because you have red bumps in the back of your throat, looks pretty bad. I dont know if Im just used to having a sore throat or I have some disease Im used to that causes it, I dunno, but I too have red bumps on the back of my throat, for a long time, but for normal people its caused by post nasal drip and will go away when the drip is gone. could take anywhere from 24 hours after the drip stops to having post nasal drip for almost two weeks which causes the red bumps for long periods of time. Ive just learned to try and as Robert Deniro in his best movies says " Fo getta bot it"

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
(female)

raymae HB User
Re: Red bumps on back of throat

hi there,
i to have red bumps at the back of my throat (it is in fact a little painful at the moment) mine are on the wiggly bit at the back and also some on the roof of my mouth.

Closed Thread