It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2007, 01:09 AM   #1
(male)

pleasehelpsoon HB User
Flaking Ears

For the past maybe 7 years I have had this issue. The skin in my ears is ALWAYS flaking, its gross, my ex GF would never go near my ears like when she kissed my neck or anything cause it grossed her out, I dont blame her. MAkes me so self concious I hate it. Someone PLEASE HELP ME!!! I have tried putting lotion in my ears to combat it thinking its dry skin maybe but it doesnt seem to help really, ITs not like I kept it up for really long periods of time cause I also feel like it might not be to good to be putting lotion so close to my ear hole. The worste flaking occurs very close to the entrance into my ear canal, not the actual hole in, but basically the first folds, I clean my ears well in the shower, but I wonder if that might even be causing it. Maybe washing it less would help, seems like Ive tried everything and it wont go away. I even tried using my dandruff shampoo on my ears, hey its flaking irritated skin like my scalp who knows, maybe its related to my scalp, meaning the same thing that causes my irritated scalp which also flakes even when using any dandruff shampoo out there, related?Please, you dont know how much youd be helping me to stop this!!! or even help by 1/4 off the top how bafd it is.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 01:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

kitkat77 HB User
Re: Flaking Ears

Sounds like it could be seborrheic dermatitis (which yes, is related to your scalp issue), but you'd need to see a doctor to confirm. Make sure you're using the right antidandruff shampoo too -- if you've been using a certain shampoo and still have dandruff then it's time to try another brand with different ingredients. If there's alot of flakes (like psoriasis) then you could try Polytar (and yes, using the shampoo in your ears IS a remedy), or get a prescription. There are several things that could be done to help your condition but you would need to see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-16-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
(female)

Babe70 HB User
Re: Flaking Ears

Hi,

I can sympathise. I suffer quite badly with scalp psoriasis and I too have very itchy flaky ears both inside the ear and at the back of the ear. My doctor told me that this is psoriasis in the ear canal and I am to stop stratching it - yeah right! I actually went private for my psoriasis as everything the NHS prescribed wasn't doing any good (I was actually losing my hair) so the treatment that I was given privately, for my scalp, also worked on my ears.

I would go see your doctor, it definitely sounds like either some form of eczema or psoriasis and he can give you something for that.

Closed Thread