It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2007, 07:30 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation HELP ear pressure & cant pop ears when i tried got very dizzy-cant even blow nose

Hi i tried to pop my ears and my ear drum hurt bad and my ear didn't even pop and then I had a horrific dizzy spell i really thought i would pass out, I feel as if my ear is clogged, I have been using the neilmed sinus rinse and my ear seem to get worst when i use that rinse i wonder if the water is going in my ear?

today when i blew my nose i had pain again and a bad dizzy spell, I cant get an apt to see a doctor before friday, anyway I feel a lot of pressure in that ear i wonder if the doctor will have to put an ear tube? what normally happens in this case let me knowi am so worried, thanks

Old 02-27-2007, 07:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: HELP ear pressure & cant pop ears when i tried got very dizzy-cant even blow nose

Well you have one of two things going on.

1) an internal ear infection.. fix? Anti-biotics, decongestan&expectorant, saline rinses, and in severe case a steriodal shot, motrin/tylenol.

2) an imacted ear infection with retained ear infection.. cure? Long duration of anti-biotic (21-28 days), decongestant&expectorant, saline rinses, steriodal dose pack/shot and motrin/tylenol.

The cure if you can not tell is the same.. only difference is length of recovery.

Dose the bone ridge just above and below the eyes hurt when pressed? Do you feel a pressure shift in you head with a simple lean forward-backward motion? Are you running a fever? 99.4-101 (sinus infection range) ... 101-102+ ear infection range. My son is undergoing treatment 2) thanks to the rotavirus initiating the developement of a secondary infection. It took three days on anti-biotics to make most of the ear pain go away. Now he is perking up and has 25 days of anti-biotcs to go.

While you are waiting to see your GP.. take OTC Claritin D or psuedophedrin to help dry up some of that internal ear fluid and keep up with the saline rinsing.

Respectfully Yours,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread