It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
(male)

LtFrost HB User
Random sharp pain in my throat

I posted this in the cancer board cuz I'm afraid that it might be cancer, but hopefully its something else so I'm posting it here too to see if anyone has any ideas.

About 2-3 weeks ago, I got sick. Like, I had a sore throat, a fever, and just typical flu systems. I didn't see a doctor though, just took a whole bunch of garlic. Eventually I got better...but I still had a weird feeling throat.

I noticed that every once in a while, if I haven't swallowed in a while, I swallow and the right side of my throat like, hurts a bit. It feels as if someone pokes it with a stick. Its only that initial swallow though, after that it doesn't hurt. But its been like this for weeks now, I thought it'd go away.

Also sometimes randomly if I like, breathe the wrong way or something, it stings out of nowhere, as if again someone just poked it with a stick or something, except I hadn't swallowed.
Also, when I laugh semi hard, I feel the slight pain.
Its not really THAT painful, its just slightly annoying and like shocks me for a split second.

Another thing I noticed is that I lost my ability to make my voice get high pitched. I used to be able to reach really high notes and make sounds and beats with my voice and make peopel go "*** how'd you do that" But ever since I got sick, if I try to do that, my voice like goes away, kinda like when you scream out loud a lot and you lose your voice. Like that, except just when I try to do my usual high pitched noises or voices.
I still talk normally and I feel no lumps on my neck, and nothings bleeding (although my mucus did bleed when I would blow my nose while I was sick sometimes) and other than the little weird feeling in my throat, I feel fine.

I don't smoke or drink or anything. And I'm 19.

My mom said its nothing but she'll still take me to the doctor, but other people have told me that this might be early stages of cancer.

So before I go to the doctor can I maybe get some responses so I can get an idea of what it may be?

I tried looking at the inside of my throat but its hard because my tongue is in the way, and if I press it down I gag.

Edit: I just got my appointment set. April 10th -_- I have to wait more than a freaking month

Last edited by LtFrost; 03-06-2007 at 05:48 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #2
(male)

LtFrost HB User
Re: Random sharp pain in my throat

Nobodies had this?

Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #3
(male)

LtFrost HB User

Anybody know what this could be?

Old 03-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

This could just be a side effect of the illness you recently had. I have a poke type discomfort in the left side of my throat with lymph nodes may or may not be swollen. You may be dealing with a infection. I get bloody mucos when I blow my nose and it seems to always turn out to be a sinus infection however mild it may be. It could go away on it's own or only get worse til you are on antibiotics. If you blow your nose too hard it can cause a little bleeding, but if not, a bleeding nose can be infection in the deeper pockets of the sinuses, and you don't even have to have sinus congestion to have that problem.

Closed Thread