It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 09:29 PM   #1
(female)

sickofmyear HB User
Angry Fluid comes and goes with and without popping noises...

Hello everyone!

Since I got pregnant with my son whom is now nearly 9 months old I've been struggeling with some sort of feeling of fullness or fluid in my eardrum, and popping noises that comes and goes just like the fluid does...been to ENT at the hospital for the 2nd time in a periode of 2 weeks today and was pretty much told i had no problem as the fluid is not there there is nothing to diagnose...SO....I am still suffering and belive me my depression worsens during these "episodes"...However, my son keeps me going strong as well as my supportive husbond, but there is only so much I can take and this is not something that an ENT person can say is nothing, this bothers me everyday and if there's anyone out there who's got this weird "disorder" please let me know I am not the only one. During the days of my attacks, i can not hear anything else but muffles noise around me and I have to stand right next to my husbond to hear him say something to me, but once this attack is over my hearing is back to normal again....I also need to mention there's fluid coming out pretty much every morning, it doesn't drain out, but when i stick my little finger inside the ear cannal there's a wetness that is clear, it doesn't smell, it's just a clearsubstance....the ent person said, that is just the natrual oil in my ear that gets moist sometimes...but my little finger is soaked! Besides being at the ent i have also tried ear candles, without any success, triedblowing my noise, to try and pop my ears, but that doesn't work during these attacks, my ear is just blocked and nothing except time can fix it....

Well allot of things at once here....but it does feel better once i have released my todays frustration through words so at least that helped....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM   #2
(female)

sickofmyear HB User
Question Help me someone!

I wrote another thread few days ago, but no one has replied....my ear problem comes and goes, been to ENT, not much help...my hearing in my right ear was normal last may, last week it had been altered and is somewhat worse, is this related to the fullness/flued/or whatever it is wrong with my ear? ENT said it wasn't, I don't think she knew much at all....she wasn't very helpful.

Now the popping/dripping noises I hear also comes and goes, it isn't painful, but just a bit worrying that's all...it just doesn't seem normal....

Cheers for any insight or knowledge about this phenomona.

Therese

Old 03-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
(female)

Carlie 2007 HB User
Re: Fluid comes and goes with and without popping noises...

Hello.

Your problem sounds similar to mine and ENT think mine might be something called Menieres disease.

Closed Thread