It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2007, 04:51 PM   #1
(male)

feysul HB User
Shooting pain from inner ear to temporal area

i have been plagued with a sharp shoooting pain that starts from my inner ear and then shoots to my temporal area. IF i massage the area right in front of my ear behing my sideburns it also creates that stabbing feeling.

I have no fever
I have no pus from ear canal
I have no other issues
I have no ringing ears

This pain goes and comes every 6 months or so. Can somebody please advise what they think this is

Old 03-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
(female)

Skinamarinka HB User
Re: Shooting pain from inner ear to temporal area

Hi,
The pain is probably from pressure there, which is likely from infection. You are only likely to get pus from a bacterial infection, and those are the least common ear infections. The most common are viral (about 70% of all ear infections), then if it is chronic the next most likely is fungal and probably resulting from a course of antibiotics. You can try garlic oil drops, which will work for either. Internally you can take lysine (the amino acid) for viral infections, and oregano oil will work for either (find one you can take internally). If you find it to be more persistant then you should consider something other than infection and consult an ENT (otolaryngologist).
Best wishes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread