It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2007, 07:26 PM   #1
(female)

bunnycat10 HB User
post-tonsillectomy question - small bump

I am 38 and my tonsillectomy was last Tuesday (3/20). The first few days were pretty rough, but things are going better now. But, I was finally brave enough to look at my throat yesterday and again today, and I see a small bump on the very top right side where my right tonsils used to be. It's hard to describe. I'm not having any extra pain in that area and see my ENT on Wednesday, but now I'm getting nervous especially since things have been going so well. Felt like more than half the battle was over. Does or did anyone also see anything like this in their throat also after surgery? Could this be scar tissue? I'm starting to really worry.

Thanks.

Old 03-28-2007, 02:55 AM   #2
(female)

cosmic_girl HB User
Re: post-tonsillectomy question - small bump

hey!
i had surgery on Friday and i have that- the scab has come off it and its really sore. a lump about 1cm long in the top of the 'pockets' were my tonsil used to be. worse on one side than the other. i can feel it when i swallow and if i dont take my pain meds in time it is the most painful part of my throat.

i was thinking maybe it is a tonsil 'stump'?? anyone else who is healed has this and did it go away??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2007, 01:39 PM   #3
(female)

bunnycat10 HB User
Re: post-tonsillectomy question - small bump

hi cosmic-girl,
I saw my doctor today and he said the "bump" is from the tool used to hold down my tongue. he said it will go away. right now my tongue is pretty swollen and i dont' think i feel the bump, but it was very obvious when I looked in my mouth. You said that yours is "in the top of the 'pockets' where my tonsil used to be," and that's the same location as my bump. It looks kind of like a blister sort of, but it looks hard - it's so hard to describe. I'm sorry that your lump is causing such pain. I wonder if it could also be from the surgery tools. HOpe you get some relief soon. Do you see your ENT soon?

Closed Thread