It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 05:20 AM   #1
(female)

FANNtasy3 HB User
Tonsil stones make me sick

Hi Folks, Im new to this board. I have been hanging in the Fibromyalgia board since Ive found this site in February.
My health history is as tall as I am in reports and paper, with nothing really serious throughout my life except Lymes Disease at 25 and Fifths Disease, (a childhood measles virus) at 32. Serious enough right?
As a child, I was ill it seems an awful lot. Strep visited every year, and sometimes, a couple times a year. I remember shots of penicillin more than I care to. My mom asked the docs back then if removing my tonsils would be a good idea, since she had problems when she was a child, but once hers were removed she was healthier than a horse. During that time, the medical industry was less likely to recommend a tonsillectomy so they told her it wasn't necessary.
Once I got into my teens, I suffered with boughts of tonsillitis and by the time I was in my 20's it turned to a chronic tonsil condition of sorts.
I discovered these tonsil stones during that time.
Like I said earlier, I hang in the Fibro board because I do have Fibro and had suffered all sorts of sinus, ear, throat and lung infections with an array of pre-syndrome symptoms, most of my life. I am sick more than I am well. My pre-syndrome symptoms included chronic sinus problems. I always feel like Im coming down with a sinus infection to this day... I am fluey and achy every day of my life.
Anyway, since my 20's I remember feeling crappy more than normal and one time found myself having a sharp pain in my throat when I would swallow. During this time, I would feel sicker than usual. Upon investigating this pain, I discovered these stones which I saw a piece had squeezed out on its own when I opened wide to investigate. I decided to press on them to check around for more stones and the harder I pressed, more stones came out. After the stones, I would get a mucus and then blood from each one of my caverns in my tonsil. For many years it was just my left side, then about 10 yrs later, it started on my right. It seemed once I removed the stones, I would feel better the next day.
I figured I would investigate this on the boards and see if anyone else gets sickly before they get their stones and then feels better after they have removed them. I have read many posts on dealing with their removal, but I didn't find anyone mention feeling sickly with them.
My crevasses are HUGE and deep, and always look like gapping holes in my tonsils. I get these stones quite often. I read that a lot of folks on this board have had their tonsils removed. Is this something I would want to consider being 40 yrs. old? The idea scares me!!!!
Thank for reading and for any info you can share.
Feel well, Felicia

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread