It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2007, 08:22 PM   #1
(male)

ElevenTwenty2 HB User
Feels like something stuck in throat.

Quote:
First of all, I'm a 22 year old female. For about the last 5 or 6 days I've had a feeling in my throat (upper left, in the back, just behind the uvula is what it feels like). It's getting on my nerves. It feels like there's a piece of food there or that I half-swallowed a hair or something. It doesn't hurt at all, but it feels like if I'm not careful I'll inhale it (which isn't physically possible, but it's in that location). I have no fever, no swollen glands, and there's nothing visually amiss based on my inspection with a flashlight in front of the mirror.
I'm a 20yr old male. And I'm having almost the exact same problem as this girl. Except, I have to constantly clear my throat or cough. It doesn't effect me much if I'm sitting down or standing. When it's really bothersome is when I'm lying down. I'm constantly coughing trying to clear whatever it is there in my throat. Lately it's been getting worse and it's becoming impossible to sleep, because of the cough. I don't feel sick at all, no fever, no sore throat, just that feeling in the back of my throat & this horrible cough. When I'm coughing it's as if I'm attempting to cough whatever is stuck out. But to no avail, there's nothing there.

After a while the cough starts to irritate me.. and each time I cough my head will hurt as if someone is squeezing the front part of my brain, after a few aspirins this feeling is resolved for the time being..

I also realized when I'm laying down, my nose eventually gets stuffy (I'll wake up with my nose stuffy).. and if I cough hard enough Phlegm or something like it will come up. The wierd thing is, that only happens when I'm laying down.. If I'm sitting up it's just an annoying cough or clearing of throat no phlegm or stuffy nose.. I can resist the cough(only while laying down the cough seems a lot more serious/painful), but my eyes will get watery, as if I need to cough something out... But no matter how hard I cough nothing comes out.. I've even looked and felt down my throat to see if anything was stuck in there.. and nope =/.

Anyone know what the problem may be.. It's becoming impossible to sleep, because I'm literally choking to death from this cough. I have to drug myself up with nyquil to put me to sleep.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread