It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #1
(male)

theanalogkid HB User
Right ear feels clogged and I hear ringing

A few days ago I noticed a constant ringing both of my ears, a lesser extent in my left than in my right, sometimes it's very noticeable and sometimes less noticeable, and my right ear feels like it's clogged or blocked, I also noticed when I press against the back of my jaw on both sides there is some pain, though not shooting pain (I don't know if that's unrelated but I'll mention it), and if I open and shut my mouth while pressing against my jaw I can hear what I would describe to be rubbing noises in my ears and it's a noise.. I went to the regular doctor today, and could find nothing in the outer ear blocked and no outer ear infection at least, he said that I should go to the ENT if the problem persists. I don't have a fever, and haven't had a cold in the past few days. I did go on a airplane a few weeks ago, but this problem just started happening with in the last few days. Anyone have any insight here on what might be happening, it's very annoying to say the least and I hope the ringing is permanent.

Last edited by theanalogkid; 04-09-2007 at 07:38 PM.

Old 04-11-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
(male)

phraser HB User
Re: Right ear feels clogged and I hear ringing

Sounds like "classic" symptoms of TMJ Dysfunction. TMJ stands for the temporomandibular joint. ****** TMJ and some of your symptoms ... you will get lots of hits. There is also a TMJ topic on this board. Infection/injury to jaw area or dental work/braces are common causes. Many dentists and some chiropractors are knowledgeable and can help with this problem. There are maneuvers/adjustments that can be done and there are TMJ "appliances" that can be worn to help realignment. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2007, 12:27 PM   #3
(male)

phraser HB User

Give me a G, give me an O, give me another O, give me GLE and what does that spell? Replace the asterisks with this.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:10 AM   #4
(female)

tee-pee HB User

Hi,

I agree with phraser, I have TMJ and you do experience those things. As for the ringing, i have it all the time. Hopefully your will go away.

Good luck!

Old 04-17-2007, 02:41 AM   #5
(female)

Rachel73 HB User

I have similar symptoms but have had them for a year now. My left ear feels blocked all the time, I get ringing (but not all the time, often early in the morning though). Went to an audiologist when it started and he said `its tinnitus, live with it`.

If I yawn, I get a click and a rustling noise. If I try to clear the blocked up feeling, like you would after you have flown for example, it is just back straight away.

I am glad I don`t have the ringing all the time but the full and blocked feeling gets on my nerves too. Would it be worth going down the TMJ route??

Closed Thread