It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2007, 04:01 PM   #1
(female)

CTmom HB User
lump in ear canal

Hi,

I'm hoping someone will have some idea what this is. Over the past week I have developed a painful lump in my ear canal. It is almost like a painful pimple feeling but larger - about the size of a large pea - and pressing on it does not cause it to pop. I've been waiting to see if it will go away on its own but it's not and now I have to wait a week to get in to see my doctor. Anyone have any ideas what this might be? I'm thinking some type of cyst maybe? Anyone have suggestions on what I can do to ease the pain or encourage it to pop while I wait for my appointment?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2007, 10:17 PM   #2
(female)

tiresome HB User
Re: lump in ear canal

I don't think you should continue to try to pop it, it is best to let the doc see it. Have you tried warm compresses? Do you have any pain outside the ear? like behind or above ear? Do you have an earache with it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 06:08 AM   #3
(female)

CTmom HB User
Re: lump in ear canal

Thanks for the response. My ear hurts but just in the area where the lump is (just inside the ear canal - not farther in like an ear infection). No pain outside the ear either unless something presses on the outer ear causing the inner bump to hurt. The lump is about the same size but pain is definitely getting worse. I'm going to call my Dr. again today and beg for an earlier appointment. I can't see going a week like this. Sleeping last night with the pain was really difficult.

Thanks again!

Closed Thread