It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

julyg HB Userjulyg HB User
paralyzed vocal cord/fold

I have unilateral paralysis as a result of neck cervical spine surgery to repair discs. Drs go in thru front of neck and unfortunately....
Its been 6 months. I have had speech therapy and do my exercises regularly and have had 2 more surgeries to "plump" and midline the nonfunctioning cord.

Its been a huge struggle and I am curious to know if others out here with my dilema have resolved this with permenant surgery and what the results are.

This is one of the most dibilitating time in my life and it is hard to stay positive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
paralyzed vocal cord johnny33 General Health 2 09-28-2008 07:38 PM
just had thyroid surgery and my right vocal fold is paralyzed what can be done topazmass Thyroid Disorders 4 07-18-2008 06:55 PM
Paralyzed Vocal Cord(s) & RAI TC08 Thyroid Disorders 1 07-17-2008 06:53 AM
Paralyzed Vocal Cord-Need Advice frenchfri Ear, Nose & Throat 14 06-06-2008 07:49 PM
paralyzed vocal cord post op thyroidectomy donna53 Thyroid Disorders 24 04-10-2008 11:24 AM