It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2007, 06:11 AM   #1
(female)

mommy0921 HB User
Question on Enlarged Adnoids

Can anyone tell me some symptoms they had with enlarged adnoids?...

Old 04-23-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Question on Enlarged Adnoids

Chonic ear infection and ear aches, retained ear fluid and hearing loss, chronic sinusitus. Ear problems are the main biggie. In conjunction with sinus infections and snoring you are looking at enlarged tonsils as well.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
(female)

mommy0921 HB User

ok well my problem I cannot breathe through my nose, I talk nasally, I snore and breathe through my mouth so I know those are some symtoms in kids but I never have ear infections or any of that.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

You need to see an ENT given your problems.. it could be inflammed turbonide membranes, pollumps, and enlarge adnoids and tonsils too. Not being able to breathe through your nose indicates you should see someone. I wasn't able to breathe through my nose until I had 51% of my sinus membranes removed, my adnoids and tonsils removed, and full endoscopic sinus window insertion and passage widening. Now I can breathe through my nose and have no more chronic sinusittus.

When in doubt check it out! It always helps to list your symptoms alongside your question.. there are many symptoms that can stem from different sources. In your case an ENT will best be suited to help you.

Sincerely,
MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 04-23-2007 at 07:29 AM.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
(female)

mommy0921 HB User

ok thank you very much. I was not sure if I needed to see anyone since I was able to breathe ok.

Old 04-23-2007, 07:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

The ENT will inspect you and mostlikely get a battery of sinus scans done.. CT and possible MRI. Make sure you are going to an ENT that sees a lot of children. They will only perform surgery when necessary and tend to be current on the latest and lease invasive techniques.

Mine was Dr. St. Charles in Chattanooga, TN. He was and is fabulous.. he has operated on me and my son flawlessly. I am working on getting my husband to see him so he can get some relief, because the the bilateral turboplasty was not enough for him.

Best of luck finding a good ENT near you.
SIncerely,
MG

Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM   #7
(female)

mommy0921 HB User

ok thanks I will try to find a good one, and I am 20 is that why I need to see one who see's alot of childern?

Old 04-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

I didn't know your age.. Your age was irrevelant, with regards to my recommendation. The doctors that are trusted with the most children tend to be better ENT's. These ENT's also tend to be specialized in the most recent techniques like endoscopic surgeries and laser ablative techniques.

I make this recommendation, because I have had the most success with getting to the source of my problems without the prescription of unnecessary surgery by ENT's that specialize in children. Most ENT's that have alot of pediactric patients want to try all solution paths before ordering the good old hack an slash solution.

Also think of it this way.. would you be more trusting of a MD that people are willing to go out of their way to bring their children to them and is in high demand or some other fellow... If the ENT is good enough for my 4 yr old, he is definitely good enough to drilland cut in/on my head.

MG

Last edited by mkgbrook; 04-23-2007 at 10:31 AM.

Old 04-23-2007, 12:47 PM   #9
(female)

mommy0921 HB User

yes thank you, and you have helped me understand alot. I think this board is great and that it has very nice people! Thanks for everything!!

Closed Thread