It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2007, 02:28 PM   #1
(female)

scaredarmywife HB User
Red face Nighttime dizziness, lightheadness.. SCARED!

I guess the best thing to do is start off w/ a general background.
I'm a 34 year old Army Wife so yes my life is constantly full of fear & dread in that fact, alone.
I'm on HBP medicine, micardis hct, an antidepressant & depakote for bipolar disorder, xanax for anxiety as needed, Neurontin for pain in my back from degenerative disks & sciatica & i have an ankle fusion.

About 2 weeks ago, while lying in bed i suddenly started feeling dizzy. It only lasted for a few moments then it passed but it was enough to where it was.. "noticeable". I had another spell a few hours later, again while in bed, relaxing.

Next day was fine.. but that night, while relaxing, i had another one, then another, then another.

Now i am to the point to where every night & even a few times during the day i suffer w/ dizziness & lightheadness. Sometimes it is accompanied by heart palpitaions, sometimes not. The spells will suddenly hit me then, vanish. Last night i was at the movies w/ a friend & i began laughing hysterically at a scene & i felt like i was going to pass out & well, it ruined the whole thing. It was terrifying. It was like my air was cut off & i thought i was going to faint. I've laughed hard before but i have NEVER had something like that happen to me. I'm so scared.. i am afraid there is something WRONG & i'm ready to go to an er & demand a CT scan of my head i'm so worried. Also, I went to an open clinic in town today & the NP said that i had a little fluid in my right ear but not alot.

PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by scaredarmywife; 04-24-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: forgot to add something....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 05:38 AM   #2
(female)

Mainegirl HB User
Re: Nighttime dizziness, lightheadness.. SCARED!

See my post on Meneire's Disease & Labyrinitis. Maybe you have the same thing I do.

Its under the thread "Earache & Nervousness".

Old 06-20-2007, 10:38 PM   #3
(female)

lizzybusy HB User

I do too but i suffer 24/7 and when i lay down on the back of head thats where the lightheaded talk about freaked out

Old 06-21-2007, 05:56 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

I would question the blood pressure medication dosage. DO you have an at home blood pressure monitor? My husband was put on HB meds and it took about a month, but it about a month in his BP started to dip dangerously low and actually bottomed outtwice and we had to rush him to the ER.

Turns out his heart issues were sleep apnea induced and all he needed was increased exercice, cholesterol medication, CPAP for sleep apnea, and a quarter of the strength of the medication originally given.

Look in to your BP dropping to low as a result of the meds.. lying down in a low BP state will only intensify the symptoms!

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread