It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2007, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

Sitlynne HB User
diagnosed with cryptic tonsils/they are bleeding

My family doctor has referred me to an ENT for my cryptic tonsils. The problem is that they can't see me until July 24th.
I am a 39yo female and have had problems with my tonsils for the last 20 years. My family doc told me years ago that if I came in one more time with tonsillitis she was driving me to the hospital herself, after that I would just not go to the doctor when they got infected.

So here I am, years later, they have continually gotten worse and I get the tonsil stones, now all the time. I started to extract them myself with a q-tip or tweezers when they become to large or stuck.
Now my left tonsil is so sore, it bleeds, a LOT, by the slightest touch or if I eat something that is hard. I bleeds for hours.

Any advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: diagnosed with cryptic tonsils/they are bleeding

That's exactly why I finally had my tonsils removed. The bleeding was bothering me, though not as excessively as yours. I guess I'd contact the ENT's office and explain you're concerned about the bleeding and see if they can call you if they have a cancellation or can just fit you in. Or maybe the doctor who made the referral can push for an earlier appointment for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread