It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2007, 04:13 PM   #1
(male)

wadwadwa HB User
Strange Ear Problem - Has me worried...

Hello

I was playing water polo a few days ago and got hit by somebody's hand pretty hard on my ear. At first it hurt but the pain later went away and i thought it was just a temporary injury. Today i was back in the water and i had this feeling like my ears were plugged so i closed my nostrils and tried breathing through my ears to pop them (a technique i was taught to pop your ears) but all of a sudden i had a high pitched whistling noise coming out of my ear. I thought i was the only person that could hear it but later on in class i blew my nose and it was still there, except my friends could hear it clearly as well. I have never had an ear problem and this really worries me, i was just wanting to know if anybody here is familiar with a whistling noise coming out of your ear or what could possibly be wrong. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 PM   #2
(male)

dieselman8 HB User
Re: Strange Ear Problem - Has me worried...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadwadwa View Post
Hello

I was playing water polo a few days ago and got hit by somebody's hand pretty hard on my ear. At first it hurt but the pain later went away and i thought it was just a temporary injury. Today i was back in the water and i had this feeling like my ears were plugged so i closed my nostrils and tried breathing through my ears to pop them (a technique i was taught to pop your ears) but all of a sudden i had a high pitched whistling noise coming out of my ear. I thought i was the only person that could hear it but later on in class i blew my nose and it was still there, except my friends could hear it clearly as well. I have never had an ear problem and this really worries me, i was just wanting to know if anybody here is familiar with a whistling noise coming out of your ear or what could possibly be wrong. Thanks in advance for the help.
Have you seen the doctor? I'm no expert by any means, but it seems you might have torn your ear drum, which probably explains the whistling sound when you try to pop them. Go see the doctor. It's very likely that it will go away in a few weeks on its own.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-05-2007, 08:52 AM   #3
(male)

Boomer2b HB User
Re: Strange Ear Problem - Has me worried...

The torn ear drum idea is a good possibility, in which case the Otologist can suggest how to handle it. If that's the case, he will also tell you to either stay out of the water or wear some sort of water seal in the ear canal to prevent a middle ear infection.

Closed Thread