It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM   #1
(female)

squickenpup HB User
Unhappy Ear Issues

For about a month now, i've been having problems with my right ear. It all started when I got a HUGE insect bite on face by my ear. I developed a swollen gland behind my ear shortly after. A few days past and the bite went down and my gland went back to normal. About a week later I was getting a twitching/pulling felling where the bite had been. It also hurt almost like I had an ear infection. I went to the Dr and he said I had a blocked eustation tube and sinusitis. I was put on antibiotics. They did not help. Two weeks later I went to another Dr who also said it was fluid in my ears and sinus issues. This time I was put on oral steriods and a stronger antibiotic. Once again they did not help (and the steriods did a number on me). Again today I went to yet ANOTHER Dr and he said sinusitis and ANOTHER antibiotic. My question is, could my ear issues stem from that bug bite almost a month ago?

Old 05-01-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
(male)

Boomer2b HB User
Re: Ear Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by squickenpup View Post
Again today I went to yet ANOTHER Dr and he said sinusitis and ANOTHER antibiotic. My question is, could my ear issues stem from that bug bite almost a month ago?
I don't know about the bite: sounds more like an allergy issue, especially with your exaggerated reaction. But also you're not giving the docs much of a chance to follow up and explore other possibilities or meds by switching so often. If they say they can't help you, or don't seem to be listening, then look for another doc, but otherwise give each a chance to follow up. Mention the bug bite. Ear and sinus problems are stubborn and take some time to resolve. These are ENT's, right?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread