It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2007, 07:37 PM   #1
(male)

TonsilHater HB User
Angry Strange Adenoid Issue

Hey guys, I've been reading these threads for over 3 weeks now and they have been so helpful to me both before and after I had my tonsillectomy. I am now officially day 11 post op from my tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy (via coblation), but I have a questions that I'm hoping others may be able to answer. I'm FINALLY starting to feel like a human being again, but I have this very strange sensation on the right side of my throat, up in the soft pallet where I can't see. It almost feels like at times something sharp is stabbing me up when I swallow. If I cough a few times, or cleaer my throat it will usually go away. At first I thought it felt like a scab, and it may well be (since I can't see it), but most of my scabs are gone. It is truly painful when it starts, but never lasts more than a couple of minutes. Occasionally I will feel it as well when I eat something. It's driving me insane and it only seems to happen when my throat dries out a little; for instance when I'm working at my computer, or watching television for an extended period of time. I hope someone has experienced this and can tell me it will go away soon. Again I think everyone on this site is a saint for sharing their experiences, they have been a huge help to me.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Strange Adenoid Issue

Have you been using saline nasal spray? If not.. get some simply saline and use it at least 4 times a day. You may have residual scabing up there that is having difficulty coming off. Also my ENT confirmed that the newly increased air flow volume tends to aggrevate and dry out you sinus membrane causing dry sinus headaches..

How do you alleviate this until your body readjusts.. Saline Nasal Spray. So use Saline Sprays and hold off on nasal decongestants and steriodal sprays until you get your ENT's go ahead.

Respectfully,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-01-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
(male)

TonsilHater HB User

Thank you so much for the input on nasal sprays! I usually take Flonase, which I believe is a steroid and probably hasn't been helping matters any. So, today I'm off to the store to get some saline spray for my nose! Here's hoping it helps my problem. I hadn't even given any thought to the increased air flow! Thanks again!

Old 05-01-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

Oh it will the Flonase will aggravate the issue drying out your membranes even more.. I am suprised your ENT didn't recommend the saline spray and tell you to stop the flonase for two to four weeks post operation. It was standard op for my son, and I.. and my brother, and my parents.. and all my cousins.. etc. It will help alot.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread