It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2007, 06:23 PM   #1
(female)

ryleetn HB User
ear ache and nervousness

Has anyone ever had an earache which made them very edgy and nervous? I have had an earache which hurts all the way down my neck and I have noticed that I have been extremely nervous and kinda spacey also.

Old 05-16-2007, 05:30 AM   #2
(female)

Mainegirl HB User
Re: ear ache and nervousness

I have been looking for someone on this board that has the kind of symptoms I do.

My GP told me I may have Meneire's Disease or Labyrinitis. Its a chronic condition where the fluid levels in your ears are uneven and it makes you dizzy & spacey.

I have had severe vertigo for the past year where the rooms flips over 90 degrees on me and I black out for a second. It happens about 2x/month.

What made me go to the dr. (finally) was I started developing a constant ringing in my ears (like if you go to a concert--you know that feeling in your head when the music is done?). It also feels like I have a cotton ball in my right ear all the time and sound seems muffled on that side.

I do feel spacey and at times, things feel like a dream and seem to move in slow motion. Anxiety & stress are also factors as you will feel nervous & anxious about a week before the severe vertigo kicks in. I started keeping a journal to track what I have been feeling.

One way they treat the attacks is to put you on an anti-anxiety medicine figuring if you don't feel anxious, you won't have the vertigo but I don't want to get on anti-depressants. I would rather live with the dizziness.

I am going to an ENT for testing in 2 weeks and hopefully, I will have a clear dianosis.

Last edited by Mainegirl; 05-16-2007 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Forgot something....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread