It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2007, 04:51 AM   #1
(female)

nervouspatient HB User
Unhappy Tonsilectomy nerves...

This place is making me nervous!

I've had terrible drippy stuff in the back of my throat for nearly 18 months now... sometimes mucous, sometimes thick saliva. Not fun, but I kinda put up with it.

Then about a month ago I got a really sore throat, my neck glands are really sore and my ear hurts. I've got no energy and generally feel lousy. My doctor sent me to an ENT guy who I saw on Friday who said the problem was with my tonsils and I needed them out! Unlike many here I haven't had chronic sore throats or anything like that so to be honest this was a bit of a shock.

Now I'm waiting for the op... probably on the 18th so I have plenty of time to feel crappy and get more and more nervous about the op. To make things worse, I remember feeling absolutely dreadful after having general anesthetic for an appendectomy when I was 13 and the doc reckons I'll only need day stay... ugh.

To make things stink even more... it's my 21st birthday on 24 May. I was meant to fly to Sydney, Australia on the 23rd for my birthday and my cousins wedding on the 26th... I'd been looking forward to this trip for AGES and now I have to cancel :P My birthday celebration we can do another time... but I'm really sad on missing out on the wedding.

So I have 10 days to wait before the op... I've already felt crappy for a month... and it'll be a few weeks after the op before I'm up and running again. Wonderful. And timing wise my 21st bday will probably be on one of the worse post-op days

Please tell me it will all be worth it! I want to feel better and I want this muck out of my throat!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2007, 11:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Tonsilectomy nerves...

It will be worth it and you will be healthier than you have been in a long time after they are removed. Best of Luck on your surgery.

Sincerely,
MG

Closed Thread