It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #1
(male)

panthers78 HB User
Calling Gasrtonentologist Tomorrow/Cannot Deal With Swallowing Problem

I posted before about my swallowing problem. It has not gotten much better. The doctors suspected gerd, but they weren't sure. I had trouble with mashed potatoes and had trouble today..very weird...
I want a gastro scope done so they can see lower into my esophagus. Today it is a little sore on the right side..just to the right of my adams apple.
I have a bunch of stuff on my plate, i.e. gradschool. and this is holding me back from focusing on that I need answers..

Old 05-13-2007, 06:31 PM   #2
(male)

hp8 HB User
Re: Calling Gasrtonentologist Tomorrow/Cannot Deal With Swallowing Problem

Trouble eating even mash potatoes, that sounds serious. Ya a gastroscope sounds like a good idea, see whats going on in there. My gastro doc suggested my esophagus be stretched if needed, I'm hesitant to do it. Its interfering with my breathing a little now so if it gets worse then I'll face the music.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-13-2007, 07:35 PM   #3
(male)

panthers78 HB User
Re: Calling Gasrtonentologist Tomorrow/Cannot Deal With Swallowing Problem

I am not sure if i gets worse or what..I was ok with chicken salad sandwich which was honestly mostly mayonaise earlier, but the mashed potatoes were lumpy.It felt as if they were sticking. I can't believe this..i am only 28!
I may ask the ENT if they can do a barium swallow..

Closed Thread