It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 04:29 AM   #1
(male)

keddi99 HB User
Ear disorder?

Hi there

this is my first post, I've had a look around and can see similar symptoms to my own but would like to check if this sounds like an inner ear problem (as my doctor is suggesting) or something else.

I had a headache on the right side of my head and behind the right eye for a couple of weeks (with some tightness around the head) before I started feeling dizzy. To clarify dizzy, I don't think it's typical vertigo - the room doesn't spin, but I have trouble focusing on a single point for more than a few seconds. Reading a book is impossible and I feel unsure on my feet.

I think some of the headache symptoms sound like neuralgia (I had some extensive detal work a few weeks before this started) but not sure if
neuralgia accounts for the dizzyness.

I am also feeling as if I have somehow withdrawn into my body, like looking out from inside my shell. And I've also become sensitive to loud noises. Being in a shop or resturant is very disorientating if it is noisy and busy.

It's been 4 weeks since this began and the dizziness is getting worse not better.

I'm currently taking cinnarizine which helps with nausea and vommiting (which I don't have) but don't appear to help with dizziness.

I'd be interested to know if anyone has similar symptoms and what they are diagnosed with.

Closed Thread