It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2007, 08:25 AM   #1
(female)

cath1024 HB User
Can ENT See Fluid Behind The Ear Drum?

Does anyone know if a ENT can tell if theres fluid behind the are drum by just looking in your ear with that little handheld light thing they use?

For the past 4 months I have this weird annoying feeling of fluid gushing back and forth in my head when i move my head around or side to side.

I also have this thick nasal PND (at least thats what i think it is) where i have to snort real hard to get it in my throat so i can clear it out of my throat.
When i swallow it feels like there thick phleym in the back of my throat.

From everything i have read it moreless says the ENT can tell if there fluid trapped behind the ear drum by seeing inflamation and stuff.

I have been to the ENT and he said there was no fluid in my ears, did a hearing test everything was fine. He did say last year i had somehting called Rhinitis and gave my nose inhalers.

Does this sound like fluid trapped somewhere where the dr cant see?

Thanks!

Last edited by cath1024; 05-14-2007 at 08:26 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 08:59 PM   #2
(male)

smblkc HB User
Re: Can ENT See Fluid Behind The Ear Drum?

Can't really answer your question, but something my ENT instructed me to do was to pinch my nose and blow.... Popping your ears like that opens the eustachian tubes and allows fluid to more easily drain.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #3
(female)

shelley 62 HB User
Re: Can ENT See Fluid Behind The Ear Drum?

hi there i can confirm that what goes on behind ear drum (inner & middle ear) cannot be seen just looking into ear by ENT if u had a hearing test they sometimes use a probe which can confirm a block but thats it u need to look into MRI CAT SCAN etc hope this has helped x

Closed Thread