It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2007, 04:22 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

innocence HB User
Lump in throat - blogus ?

For the past few weeks I've been getting a feeling as though there's something stuck in my throat. I've had this before, and it has gone away on its own, but it has never been THIS bad. It really interfers with my life at the moment..

I know that if it really is the blogus condition, then stress can aggrevate it, but I don't remember being stressed to start with. However, I now have exams coming up and need to study, but this throat problem is just causing me too much pain/discomfort, so NOW I am stressed that I can't do anything but worry. I've been to the doctor twice, and they didn't do any tests (Apart from blood tests, which were fine..so no infection) on me and told me to wait a while until it gets better.

I also had tonsillitis a couple of weeks ago and was given Erythromycin for it, and as soon as I had started taking it, I got quite severe nausea. However, I finished the course of antibiotics a week ago and I still have the nausea all day, every day. I'm taking Acidiphillis supplements as well!! Is it normal to feel like this even after coming off the antibiotics??? Anything else that I can do to alleviate the nausea??

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

morrisun HB User
Re: Lump in throat - blogus ?

Globus is usually brought on by stress. Maybe that and your upset stomach are just unconcious anxiety due to everything that's been going on in your life and things that are coming up?

Anything with Ginger in it can help with the nausea. Ginger Ale, candied ginger, etc. Usually health food stores have something, I've even found ginger altoid's before.

Try to relax as much as possible (easier said then done I know)!
PCOS

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread