It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 07:31 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

I C Hot HB User
Inner Ear Fluid

Hi, I have been told I have fluid in my inner ear (not an infection though), this is the second year in a row this has happened (must be allergies somehow) and I am dizzy all the time. I have tried med's but they just knock me out and make me feel sicker. I have tried different natural things and currently trying stuff from my Naturpathic Dr. but it sure doesn't seem to be helping. Last year this lasted 6 months or so and I'm not really looking forward to the next 5 months of this. Does anyone have any idea's on how to get this fluid out of the inner ear? Thank you,

Old 05-21-2007, 07:58 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: Inner Ear Fluid

Go to an ENT and look into turbonid reduction surgeries... the only other thing to do is take zyrtec(or another anti-histamine), a decongestant (psuedaphedrine the real stuff not the newer substitute), and Nasal Sprays (Nasonex/Flonase/Astelin.. and 4x daily sinus rinses with saline spray (Simply saline is the best in my opinion). Allergy testing and shots are another option.

SIncerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
(female)

bluebird23 HB User

I have fluid in my ear as well, and have been dizzy for the past week, accompanied by nausea. Do you know if the saline nose rinses would help with this?? it's not an infection as i've had bloodwork done which was normal. I've been taking decongestants, advil, hot steam
i've been told about these saline rinses, but do you know if they actually help? my sinuses aren't blocked or stuffy, just my left ear

Old 05-25-2007, 07:03 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User

There is never a guarantee.. but it should help even if it just loosens or washes away the clog. It won't hurt you to try using saline spray of the nasal oil I have mentioned in many previous posts... the name of the oil escapes me at the moment.

MG

Old 05-25-2007, 07:07 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ponaris Nasal Oil.. it is OTC, but not a standard pharmacy carried item.
MG

Closed Thread