It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

shelley 62 HB User
Smile at last i dont feel im alone !!! labryinthitis vertigo

hi there i have just come across this site and i feel so much better already ! back in october 2006 i had a realy bad vertigo attack to the point of not being able to stand i was told i had labryinthitis and this would sort its self out but could take upto 8 wks it has improved but i have been left feeling lightheaded and very dizzy at times i have also developed a panic disorder if i have to walk or go into a situation where i cant leave if i want to this scares me to death as i was never like this before this has changed my whole life i have been to see ENT iv had MRI and now following cawthorne cooksey vestibular exercises please anyone feeling the same as me please get in touch and say hello x

Last edited by shelley 62; 05-23-2007 at 02:49 PM.

Old 05-23-2007, 03:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

missy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB Usermissy7777 HB User
Re: at last i dont feel im alone !!!

Been there, done that! Welcome aboard the inner ear disorders boat (and some seasickness to go along with it). I have the exact same thing you are talking about, as do the majority of people writing on this board. All's I can say is that each day that goes by, you get a little more used to the terrible illness and a little closer to recovery. That is the main thing to keep thinking about - it will get better. May take a few months, some even a few years. But it will get better. I am also (only) on my 9th week. I too am experiencing the panic attacks, but you have to just keep telling yourself you are not going to die, everything will be okay, nothing bad is going to happen, it's just a terrible feeling - not life threatening, etc...

Hang in there!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2007, 03:25 AM   #3
(female)

shelley 62 HB User

thank u for getting back to me i feel so much better hearing from you. how did yours start ? also iv been told that u can have vertigo along side this which can make things worse have u looked into this? anyway i hope u are soon feeling better big smiles shelley x

Old 08-14-2007, 03:52 PM   #4
(female)

teresa1987 HB User

Hey Shelly, this is my second vertigo or now they have diagnosed it as BPPV very severe and it scares me. I just wish it would go away. This one was not as bad as the one I experienced in October. I just thought i was dying. Oh it was so bad. I do the Epley head excerises. There sseems to be no medication, but time and head excerises. I just want to get better. My life has changed. I am not as confident about going out for fear I might get to dizzy or the veritgo will just happen. I feel for you. the first time this happened to me it took a long time like months to get over and I really don't think I got over it. I have another appointment with my ENT as a follow because I just had my second attack in July so I finally learned the Epley head excercises. I do those every night for about 30 minutes. I told my husband on the weekends I will do them 2 times maybe that will help more who knows.

Closed Thread