It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2007, 06:20 PM   #1
(female)

noname12345 HB User
one nostril always clogged

I've never been able to breathe through both of my nostrils. One of them is always blocked/clogged. I've been reading about deviated septums, but it seems like that would just affect one side or the other and it would be constant. Mine alternates all the time - sometimes I can breathe from the right, sometimes the left. I've been waking myself up at night because I can't breath well. I have an appointment with my doctor in a few weeks to discuss.

Anyone have this issue before?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-26-2007, 10:50 AM   #2
(male)

americanidol HB User
Re: one nostril always clogged

It probably is a deviated suptum. I had my nose broke about 15 years ago and never had it fixed. I was told I have a deviated septum and I have the same symptoms as you. It never really bothers me except sometimes when I want to try to smell something and breath in. I don't hardly notice it except when one side switches over to the next it's kind of weird. But you can live with it I would say?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2007, 09:48 AM   #3
(male)

bobbyjackpot HB User

I think its a problem with the Turbinates... tell them to check them out. I'm having the surgery done tomorrow to reduce them and fix the deviated of the septum... I'll let you know how it goes

Old 06-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
(female)

lady99 HB User

I agree with you guys.... sounds like a deviated septum. I've been having the same problems for years. I've always got some nasal blockage - either one side or the other... or both. I'm having a septoplasty (to straighten the septum) as well as a tonsillectomy on Friday.

Closed Thread