It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 12:26 PM   #1
(female)

Amanda121203 HB User
tonsillectomy question

I'm having my tonsillectomy in july and am lucky to have found these healthboards!! I'm just curious do doctors usually take out your abnoids at the same time?? or is it only if you need them taken out??? Hope that didn't sound stupid... And are you certain to get liquid medication after the surgery?? And one last question, how long was it after the surgery did anyone go back to work?? I'm just trying to plan ahead of time...
Thank you!!
Amanda

Old 06-01-2007, 01:21 AM   #2
(female)

Purplehazey83 HB User
Re: tonsillectomy question

Unless it is clear you're going in for a tonsillectomy and an adenoidectomy then they'll only take your tonsils out. You will definately know if your having both out!

As for liquid pain medication - In the UK they just give you Voltarol tablets which dissolve in water and dispersable paracetamol. Not sure if you live in USA though!

I'm on day 10 after my surgery and I was planning to go back to work on Monday but i think may have to take another week off, it could be because i had an iffection though. My throat is healing nicely and i'm back to a normal diet except acidic things like orange juice because that stings my throat due to the new skin. Still getting loads of phlegm and my voice still sounds so nasal which is why i don't want to go back to work yet!!

I woud book 3 weeks of work just in case you have any complications - hopefully you won't though.

Hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread