It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2007, 03:05 PM   #1
(female)

lilhenna HB User
Tonsillectomy Diet - Day 2

Just giving my story. Thought it may be helpful for some.

May 29th got my tonsils out. I was taken in at 1:15 and I was out of anesthisia at 2:30.

I was talking right after the surgery.

Day 1 post-Op I ate: Chicken Broth, Ramen Noodles, Ice Cream, and Water.

Day 2 post-Op I ate: Chicken Broth, Mashed Potatoes and Peas, Ice Cream, and Water. I plan on try pancakes or powdered donuts shortly.

My ears are hurting some; I've upped my pain medication dose to three tsps every four hours. I eat right after taking meds.

I'm functional, but not feeling superb, but not as bad as others seem to have felt either...

Old 05-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #2
(female)

AZchick14 HB User
Re: Tonsillectomy Diet - Day 2

Okay I am new to this but in need of major help or something! I had my surgery May 21 and so I am on day 10 and am in extream pain most of the time. You seem to be eating better than me I have tried many things but I have gotten to the point where I am no longer hungry and food almost discuses me b/c my pain meds made me so sick that I could no longer handle throwing up and chocking on the back of my throat. I know I should be drinking more but with laying around I tend to forget to drink stuff. I am just trying to make the pain go away. It is mostly ear pain that bothers me the most. Do you have any suggestions about making that go away? I have found that keeping a heat pack on it helps a ton! But it is still there. I would also like to know if your scabs are falling off and if so do you feel it or what. In reading past entries people would say they noticed progress and I was wondering if that was b/c they felt it or just saw it? I hope you continue to do well and I hope to hear back from you or anyone!! Thanks!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 PM   #3
(female)

Hayley219 HB User

AZchick -- I am on like 18 days post op and I will tell you what my doctor told me on day 8....he said in 48 hours I would feel wonderful (at the time it was unbearable, like you are describing) and it took at little more so maybe your running a little behind like I was....but trust me, it just hit. I woke up one morning with minimal throat pain, could talk, could eat, could go without meds....so suprising, just keep hope!

As for the nausea...have you tried suppositories....I know they are disgusting and I said I would never, but they were my saving grace, because my medicine made me unbelievably sick until my doctor switched to a different one.

Old 06-02-2007, 03:25 AM   #4
(female)

AZchick14 HB User

Thank you for the hope I need it. Today my ear didn't bother me as much and my throat is sore but very little feels like the end of toncillides haha. Although the down side of my day was I ended up throwing up 3 times so that sucked but by dinner time I was able to keep down some food. Again thank you!

Closed Thread