It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2007, 01:12 PM   #1
(female)

weeble165 HB User
some one?

i went to a loud gig last tuesday and the next morning i had a lot of ringing in my ears, this went the day after but i was left with a feeling in my ear, mainly my right ear which was next to the speaker, i decided 2 go to the doctors to see what was wrong.
he said i had a build up of catarrh in the right ear and a small amount in the left.
he gave me some decongestant tablets and said it would clear quicker...
its driving me mad and its started to ache a little, does this mean that the tablets are working? or should i go back and see him?
anyone else had this problem? and is it caused by smoking?
help
sarah x

Old 06-04-2007, 05:43 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: some one?

Decongestants will help with retained fluids.. and you should see a difference in 24-48 hours. I am not familiar with the term "catarrh". And as a result am suspicious of it. I will look into the term. You may have sustained hearing damage do to prolonged exposure to load or chronic noise. My father is tone deaf from all his younger year head phone use.. my husband is a fine example of high range frequency tone deafness.. which means he can tune my son and I out with ease. If it is sound induced ear trauma.. I can only see the decongestant helping if there is fluid building up about the site of the trauma.

Best of luck to you. The aching may be pressure related and the result of slow fluid drainage and drying.

MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread