It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 02:25 PM   #1
(male)

worldidol HB User
My strange voice disease - please help...

After many years of pain, I decided to try on the foreign forum. I have strange problem with my voice and throat. I've always liked singing, but since a few years I just can't. I have much phlegm in throat (and deeper) and also in nose. Situation is better in the morning (after night much phlegm is in the top of throat and is easy to get it off) and one day after alcohol consumption (for a few hours) and worst after drinking citrus juices and milk. I've visited a lot of medical centers and doctors - e.g. laryngologists - in my country supposed me to be a hypochondriac, because they found nothing. I was truly amazed when found person with identical symptoms on the internet forum. Here are my - our - symptoms in the summary:

- much phlegm in throat (especially in the morning);
- voice problems - not so serious in the morning, worse from afternoon to the evening. Symptoms: hoarseness, dullness, higher
tone;
- the best betterment after antibiotics therapy, but really short-term;
- good shape of voice one day after alcohol consumption (no phlegm) for a few hours;
- complete decline of falset;
- rheum almost 24h;
- discomfort while speaking, feeling of pressure in larynx area;
- strange feeling while drinking cold fuzzy drinks (hiccup-like);
- scratch feeling in throat with citrus drinks;
- unpleasant smell from mouth (especially in the morning, with the greatest amount of phlegm in throat);

The voice quality is related with amount of phlegm. Almost everything (except the falset issue) is fine when there's no phlegm in the body (very rarely).

In addition, I have skin problems - regular whelk or dryness, but I don't know if it has any connection.

Does anybody have an idea what can it be? How to beat that annoying phlegm? I have tried so many methods and medicines.

Every help is appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #2
(female)

rhianna5678 HB User
Re: My strange voice disease - please help...

I have some of these symptoms, too. No idea what it is but scares me too since I'm a singer.

Closed Thread