It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2007, 07:48 PM   #1
(male)

dylanvv20 HB User
Smelling going away?

Hi....maybe a year ago if u can help at all i'd really appreciate it...

Last edited by dylanvv20; 07-13-2008 at 01:25 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Smelling going away?

Are you a smoker? Often smokers tend to lose their sense of smell from the constant exposure to their own and second hand smoke.

What about your job? Are you frequently surrounded by many chemicals and have you been for a long time? My dad has worked in an adhesives factory for pretty much 30 years. He literally has no sense of smell left because the constant exposure to these environmental chemicals has rendered his smell completely gone. As a result, he can't really taste much of anything anymore either. It truly sucks.

What about a sinus infection or allergies? Whenever your sinuses are clogged up pretty badly, it makes it really hard to be able to smell anything.

It may also be polyps. They can develop after allergies flare up.

You should go see an allergist and/or an ENT to get diagnosed. Because they have ways of figuring out what's wrong based on your history and some diagnostic tests they can do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread