It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 07:36 PM   #1
(female)

tiresome HB User
recurring mastoiditis

Okay I looked through the thread search and there doesn't seem to be much on mastoiditis, I know it is rare, but I am hoping to find somebody with experience with it. I had it in March and it came back in June. Waiting to hear from an ENT who has been sent my CT scans. My primary doc says I will need surgery, mastoidectomy. Does anyone know of someone or has had this surgery and how did it turn out? I was on iv antibiotics for several weeks the first time and this time it is same one plus one that is administered with iv pump. What a drag but at least I am home.
I am 44 with life long earaches and ruptures as a child. Only one rupture as an adult. When I went in this time they told me my left ear was badly infected too. This surprised me as I couldn't feel it. My hearing has not been permently affected, thank God. As when it is impaired for a short time it is just awful trying to comunicate with people.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

chikkie14 HB User
Re: recurring mastoiditis

I dont know if its the same as what my friend had.. but she she had surgery a month ago... they drill a hole at the back of ther ears and clear the infection off... she said the 1st and 2nd day was bad due to ear ache but the rest is fine until they remove the gauze that was inside after a few more days.. but after that shes fine again. She was in the hospital only for a night after surgery and they sent her back the day after.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-15-2007, 12:24 PM   #3
(female)

tiresome HB User
Re: recurring mastoiditis

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like it could be the same surgery. Good to know she did fine with it.
Thanks,
Laura

Closed Thread