It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 06:37 AM   #1
(male)

Justus30 HB User
Ear problems

I woke up this morning and I couldn't hear out of my right ear. I have real bad wax build up. I've tried peroxide a couple of times and then trying to clean it out but it's not working. It actually causes pain in my ear. Any suggestions? Thanks to all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2007, 11:26 AM   #2
(female)

k3ya HB User
Re: Ear problems

Hi Justus
When I was around 6 years old I had a bad ear wax build up like that. Of course, I don't remember much about what my parents tried (I obviously couldn't take care of it myself), but I can tell you what ended up getting it out. We finally had to go to the doctor, and they used one of those squeezy blue things (i've never known the name but they come with some ear drops at the store) I think they filled it with water, made me hold my ear over a tub thing, and squirted the water into my ear several times. It finally came out. I'm sure they softened it up with something, and I hear that baby oil, peroxide, or just normal ear wax removal drops will do that. I hope you get it out, because I know its not fun. Best wishes!

Oh and I wouldn't suggest using q-tips right now, or anytime because they do push wax further back and would probably make it worse.

Last edited by k3ya; 06-17-2007 at 11:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread