It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

Amanda121203 HB User
Question T&A Checklist Help!!!

So I'm having my surgery on July 19th and I'm starting to get the things that I'm going to need when I have it. I have already bought a humidifier and even a cheap snow cone maker.. hehe it's fun to have and I figuired it would be easier to eat the ice that way. Anyway, I just wanted to know if there was anything else that I should get before I have surgery??? Any suggestions would be great!!!
Amanda

Old 06-18-2007, 11:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

mkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB Usermkgbrook HB User
Re: T&A Checklist Help!!!

Check the LisaMP post.

The main things I recommend are saline nasasl spray.. ice wraps for the throat.. heat pad for the ears.. prestription oticaine ear drops to help with the dreaded ear pain.. keep a medicine chart so you can write down when you took your medicine.. helps prevent drug and pain fogged over dosing... Recliner and protion meal replacement supplements mix to add to smoothies and the like.

Sincerely,
MG

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-18-2007, 11:29 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User
Re: T&A Checklist Help!!!

If you work, a letter from your doctor indicating you need to take off at LEAST two weeks from work. I probably should've taken 3, but my coworkers, boss were already questioning why I needed so much time.

I made sure I had a wide selection of things to eat -- pudding, ices, applesauce, mashed potatoes & gravy, crackers (mashed up with broth)...

Magazines -- got tired of watching television and didn't feel much like reading books.

Comfy pjs or sweats. I pretty much lounged, napped off and on all day long. Was nice to have something comfortable to wear.

Closed Thread