It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Ear, Nose & Throat Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
(male)

LeeM. HB User
Rhinoplasty question

Im planning on having this done since i had an accident damaging my nose so my nasal bones make my nose look wider i was told this is the treatment to have bad side id have to pay due to the fact the nhs dont do cosmetic

however i wouldnt mind having my nose the size reduction done but no one has actually confirmed this can be done since i dont really like the overall shape so i could have both the bones and size fixed however rhinoplasty seems based on correcting the bone

so my question is, is it possible for the size to be reduced?

Old 06-26-2007, 07:48 PM   #2
(female)

nikkiisshort HB User
Re: Rhinoplasty question

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeM. View Post
Im planning on having this done since i had an accident damaging my nose so my nasal bones make my nose look wider i was told this is the treatment to have bad side id have to pay due to the fact the nhs dont do cosmetic

however i wouldnt mind having my nose the size reduction done but no one has actually confirmed this can be done since i dont really like the overall shape so i could have both the bones and size fixed however rhinoplasty seems based on correcting the bone

so my question is, is it possible for the size to be reduced?

Anything is possible, but they'll probably try to just adjust and fix things so that you can breathe better.

Although my case was probably different, I had rhinoplasty and endoscopic sinus surgery twice and it made my nose a bit bigger (it sucks, but I can breathe better and don't get nearly as many sinus infections). Hopefully you'll be able to talk to your surgeon/ENT about the possibilities of fixing things to your liking

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread