Let me start out by saying I'm a 15 year old male. I cannot swallow any pills not in an oblong or oval shape, and even then I have to take them with applesauce, and sometimes still have trouble. I do not normally have trouble swallowing foods, but on occasion some things will get stuck. I was wondering if I have a certain disorder. I have only had trouble swallowing pills for the past year or two.
Also, recently I have swallowed a piece of hamburger which feels like it has become stuck in my esophagus. It does not hurt now, but it did just a tiny bit when I swallowed it. I have tried drinking warm water, gargling it, trying to push it down with other foods, etc. But to no avail. Is there anyone that can give me some ideas to dislodge this piece of food?
Thanks for any and all replies.
Last edited by PhilosophicalL; 06-25-2007 at 04:37 AM.